Senior Digital Forensic Specialist
Job Title: Senior Digital Forensic Specialist
Salary: £47,046 to £51,573 plus a location allowance of £2,623. If you are new to the MPS you will receive £47,046 the band minimum. Progress to the band maximum of £51,573 will be via incremental progression.
Location: Kensington and Chelsea
This role is in the Digital, Cyber and Communications department of Forensic Services. The department contains approx. 150 people and deals with all aspects of Digital Forensics. The role is based at ESB, which deals with recovery and analysis of data from computers, mobile devices and other electronic devices. As a Senior Digital Forensic Specialist, you will have a varied and complex role including leading on capability development, undertaking complex casework as well as mentoring other members of the team.
- Lead the technical development of mobile device forensics capabilities within Forensic Services - Digital, Cyber and Communications
- Undertake technically complex evidential casework so that forensically acquired data can be applied to the criminal justice system
- Mentor and train others within the team, disseminating new techniques.
- Produce documentation of techniques so standards can be adopted and Maintained
- Peer review the work of others to ensure standards are being adhered to
- Work to ensure ISO 17025 process and procedures are designed, updated and
- Ensure compliance with legislation, codes of practice and Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) policy; regulate the appropriate/proportionate use of MPS resources; liaise with other disciplines within DCC and provide technical advice to the wider police community
- Liaise with the criminal justice system and give expert opinion in court when required.
To apply, please visit our website to download a role specific information pack. Applications will be via a detailed CV, Personal Statement and online application form.
Completed applications must be returned by 8th November 2019.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer the Met have committed to ensuring that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.”
More searches like this
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Research and Development Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager