Automation Project Manager
3 days left
- Job Type
- Engineering Manager
Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Project Management function, which is responsible for delivering the automated products that are installed in our CFCs, as well as proof of concept projects to advance the technologies and capabilities of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) system. We are looking for a dedicated, motivated and energetic Automation Project Manager to join us (working across our Hatfield head office and engineering office in Welwyn Garden City), to provide invaluable support in making our concepts a reality.
What will you be doing?
- Leading a complex MHE development project
- Acting as the face of the Automation Development department (including presenting to peers, senior managers and directors)
- Project leadership for all sub-teams responsible for the delivery of the product
- Ensuring value is delivered to the end users of the product
- Project Management experience in a complex development field
- Proven track record of working effectively across all departments and sites within a business
- Ability to influence, motivate and support teams to achieve challenging timelines and technical targets
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We’re only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…