3 days left
- Job Type
- Early Career
Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Design team is now looking for a Design Assistant to join, taking responsibility for the creation of electrical and mechanical sub-systems from drawings, diagrams and verbal instructions - including the creation of cable harnesses and prototype mechanical/electrical systems as well as running prototypes, performing tests and troubleshooting where required.
What will you be doing?
- Creation of components, sub-systems and systems (electrical and mechanical)
- Building prototypes and tests from CAD data, sketches and verbal briefings
- Running prototypes, test rigs and mules (including verification and validation testing)
- Troubleshooting problems and making repairs where necessary
- Selecting, ordering and installing instrumentation systems
- An HNC or above in a relevant engineering discipline (plus experience in industry)
- Expert experience creating electrical and mechanical systems and sub-systems (including cable harnesses)
- Experience soldering to a high level of quality
- Ability to interpret block diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings
- Familiar with running prototypes and performance testing
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…