Electrical & Electronics Systems Manager
3 days left
- Job Type
- Engineering Manager
Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Design team is expanding rapidly due to our company growth, so is now looking for an Electrical & Electronics Systems Manager to take responsibility for managing the team of around 15-20 engineers that look after the design of the electro-mechanical machines and products required for our CFCs.
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining the engineering quality and integrity of the work produced within the electrical and electronics design team's work package
- Actively engaging in new product development, cost reduction opportunities and continuous improvement for current products
- Reviewing input specification and coordinating various design reviews and design output reviews
- Reviewing various standards as applicable for the design and safety, and ensuring that all designs conform to the requirements
- Supporting the Design Manager for the day to day supervision of direct reports (including 1-on-1 meetings, team meetings, timesheet authorisation, holiday approval, sickness/absence meetings, goal and objective setting, personal development plans & appraisal reviews)
- Experience in designing and developing products from concept to production within an electro-mechanical design (and product development) environment
- Credible experience in leading similar sized teams
- A degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Skills in computer aided design (CAD), preferably using Altium, EPLAN (or similar)
- Experience of delivering work packages to time and budget constraints
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…