Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development (PD) function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Projects team within PD is now looking for an Engineering Project Manager to join, who will have technical responsibility for the delivery of automation projects to support growth, reduce operating costs and improve efficiencies for our 24/7 CFCs. These projects could range from working on our robots, grid or peripheral systems at the design, manufacturing or roll out stage, therefore this position is integral to their successful delivery to the wider business.
What will you be doing?
- Generating stage gated development plans in order to manage the process through the planning, execution, control and closing stages (including defining project milestones and managing development programmes)
- Taking product business requirements and turning into technical requirements, ensuring resource required is sufficient to achieve the end goal
- Giving effective and engaging presentations on engineering topics to technical and non-technical stakeholders (up to and including Board level)
- Owning and managing the technical risk register
- Taking responsibility for project closure - ensuring that the product and associated documentation meet criteria for entry into the product catalogue
- An Engineering qualification, to HND or Degree level
- Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation hardware
- Proven track record in system or technical design and delivery
- Experience in managing project budgets
- Ability to quantify or qualify project risk against business impact and take appropriate decisions
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…