Failure Analysis Engineer
3 days left
- Job Type
Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Technical team is now looking for a Failure Analysis Engineer to join, whose business critical responsibility it’ll be to lead investigations into technical issues, product failures and defects using appropriate problem-solving strategies. This is integral to the ongoing improvement and development of the highly innovative and automated products in our CFCs, so has a direct impact on the profitability of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Investigating/troubleshooting electro-mechanical/automated products for quality and technical issues (including onsite visits as required)
- Analysing product failures, non-conformances, concerns and defects found, investigating root cause and implementing improvement processes
- Designing and executing product development trials utilising design of experiment (DoE) principles
- Identifying and introducing suitable test and inspection methods using appropriate equipment Lead Continuous improvement using DFSS, EMS, Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma problem solving
- HNC/degree in an engineering discipline, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- Proficient in applying DMAIC methodology to projects, processes and products
- Experience with structured problem solving tools (e.g. VSM, 8D, 5S, Fishbone)
- Ability to analyse data for trends and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to conduct technical experiments and interpret the results correctly
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…