Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Production team is now looking for a Project Engineer to join our CFC in Erith, taking responsibility for providing expertise to the wider team, supporting with multiple continuous improvement projects, cost down and support of new product introduction.
What will you be doing?
- Planning, executing and closing out multiple projects in a high pressure environment
- Following and helping to develop a problem solving/project management methodology closely linked to the existing product development methodology
- Matrix management of appropriate internal business-wide resource and expertise to support innovation and delivery
- Contributing to risk discussions, helping to mitigate and quantify as appropriate
- Ensuring products and engineering changes are suitable for transfer to manufacture
- An Engineering qualification to HND or Degree level preferred
- Experience of managing site works, CDM, and a relevant H&S qualification
- Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation hardware
- Experience of vendor selection and long term engagement for the delivery of services and products
- Experience in making tactical and strategic based decisions of significance
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…