Fancy working on the design and development of the next-generation tactical communication and information system for the British Army?
We are looking to recruit Software Engineers within General Dynamics to work on a variety of projects such as supporting current systems as well as new product development and innovation within the sphere of Tactical communication and Information Systems at our site in Wales.
As a Software Developer, Software Tester, Software Architect or Software Lead you could work on technologies and tools such as:
- C# or C++
- Modern Web Technologies such as HTML5 or CSS
You will work as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team and work collaboratively with our customer. You may be working as a member of a Software team on a large scale project or as an individual or small team to deliver a piece of work. A number of our roles enable you to work on real kit in our labs or on field trials. Some of our programmes have adopted an Agile framework, so depending on the role you could take part in Scrum events and Sprint reviews.
You will bring your experience of software design and development, ideally in complex systems to the team along with experience of using software development standards and processes
Depending on your background you may also have some experience of some the following:
- Windows Platform Development
- Background in OO Design, UML and design patterns
- Aurelia or Angular
- IBM Rational Team Concert
- Git or SVN
- Working closely with customers on structured/formal requirements
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager