Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer
Would you like to play a key role in the design and development of avionic products?
A fantastic opportunity exists to join one of our key and well respected teams in the role of Supplier Quality Engineer. This is an exciting time to join our site in Rochester; we are growing in size with many great opportunities to develop your career.
In this varied role, as a Supplier Quality Engineer you will support the delivery of multiple complex manufacturing supply projects. Act as a key interface with our Suppliers, key technical and programme stakeholders to understand capability, process issues and solve problems within our supply chain.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your experience of supply chain, while utilising your engineering knowledge working on a variety of products within an interesting product line. This role is likely to involve international travel
Your main responsibilities as a Suppler Quality Engineer will involve:
- Working with the projects to identify any Supply Chain Quality issues and support them in Continuous Improvement activities
- Undertaking audits within the global Supply Chain
- Leading root cause investigations
- Utilising lean and six sigma techniques to improve supplier performance
Your skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role with an engineering background
- Experience gained within a manufacturing environment - Aerospace or automotive preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Business Management Systems and associated processes
- Familiar with product lifecycle phases and management
- Ability to undertake effective supplier audits
What we're looking for in you:
- Dedicated, committed and disciplined to ensure successful delivery of key objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to develop effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Professional and proactive approach
Location: Rochester, Kent UK
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.