MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
To help shape & manage the future of data analytics for our UK manufacturing business. Initially this will be heavily focused around product test equipment and the analytics of the data they produce. However, there is an opportunity to apply best practice across all elements of manufacturing process. This is a new role within MBDA and offers the successful candidate to shape the future. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- HNC Level of Qualifications or equivalent plus substantial level of experience
- Knowledge / experience of client & server technologies, IT networks
- Knowledge / Experience of SQL
- Knowledge / Experience of Business Intelligence technologies (Microsoft Power BI in particular)
- Communication skills; the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised for extended periods.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Electrical/ Electronic Test equipment and test procedures
- Knowledge / Experience of IntraStage test analytics software or similar
The role will provide many stimulating challenges and personal development opportunities. MBDA values its employee’s personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects, the opportunity exists to create both movement and development opportunities across the Manufacturing Engineering Function as we begin on our journey to embrace Functional excellence. What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- Work closely with all departments within the Manufacturing function to understand their requirements. E.G. process engineering, test equipment design, Quality, resource planning and test engineering.
- Work with the Information Management teams to understand what reporting & analytics capability is available and how it could be applied to manufacturing.
- Definition and document business requirements
- Definition and delivery of a robust reporting capability enabling continuous process and product improvement
- Creation of robust & repeatable data collation methods, dash boards, and reports
- Work with the various Manufacturing and Engineering teams in support of their delivery of process and product improvement
- Take operational ownership of reporting & analytics capability on behalf of the manufacturing & operations function.For example, working with Information Management to ensure appropriate SQL database backups, archiving and updates are enacted in a timely manner.
- Provide support and be a key stakeholder in future connectivity initiatives.For example, ensuring the data collation & analytics requirements are highlighted when connecting machinery or test equipment.
- Documentation of associated processes and training material.
- Documentation of proposals with the purpose of obtaining business ‘Buy In’ and adoption
- Ensuring that all data is managed in compliance with legislation (from both a security & GDPR perspective)
You will be joining a strong established team within Manufacturing Engineering Function, working with a group of people with a broad mix of skills and experience. You will be a key part in the delivery and evolution of the manufacturing engineering toolset. Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives. Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)