A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our rapidly growing Cyber Innovation Centre based in Gloucester. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports ongoing professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career, management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position
Perform research and investigate vulnerabilities in software systems and software products.
Key areas of focus are:
- Reverse engineering
- Vulnerability assessment
- Application teardown
- Wireless and network communications
- Rapid prototyping
- Mobile/embedded development
- Windows/Linux Kernel development
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Good understanding of network architecture and protocols
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- A broad knowledge of Information Security “best practice”
- Experience with network traffic analysis
- Software development experience in C and/or Java
- Knowledge of cryptography
- Familiarity with Android/iOS
- Good understanding of computer architecture and OS internals
- Android/Linux kernel development experience
- Debugging experience with tools such as; WinDbg, OllyDbg, Immunity or GDB
- Familiarity with assembly (x86 or ARM)
- Experience conducting reverse engineering
- Experience with application vulnerability analysis
- Good practical understanding of software vulnerabilities
- Exploit development
- Forensics experience
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Willingness to learn
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team and autonomously
- Ideally BSc in Computing (or equivalent) but more emphasis will be put on the direct relevant experience
- Ideally experience in ‘Capture the Flag’ competitions, or taking an active part in cyber security events and conferences (although not essential)
About Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.