Engineering Operations Support Analyst
Summary of Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business or Finance Analyst to be part of the Engineering Operations Team, responsible for supporting the 500+ Engineers within Raytheon UK. This would suit a recently qualified graduate or a non-graduate who has worked in an continuous improvement role.
The role has real growth potential with the planned expansion of the Engineering team and implementation of business improvements. The successful candidate will be a self-driven, motivated and ambitious individual who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- Provide Finance and Metric data for the Engineering function. This will include creating, maintaining and providing your trending commentary on the following reports:Weekly reports on Timesheets, Utilisation and Costs
- Monthly reports on Recovery, Headcount, Overhead, Capital Spend, Metrics to US and Innovation.Assist with the Engineering AOP (Annual Operating Plan), using historical data, known future demands and structure for the function.
- Develop deep and strong relationships with the Finance function to collaborate effectively, build a strong understanding of the Finance systems and data feeds, and provide “forecast vs actual vs plan” reports to the Finance team.
- Support the Engineering function by answering adhoc queries on charge codes, approvals, processes, etc.
- Focus on continuous improvement through your daily actions, identifying solutions to problems that deliver tangible, long-term benefits. Lead certain improvement initiatives and also participate as a team member.
- Proficient in Excel. Managing high volumes of data, including manipulation using Pivot Table and use of Trend Charts are essential. Skills in the use of macros, including Visual Basic would be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Powerpoint and Word.
- Analytical thinker with an understanding of financial systems, with the ability to interpret results and recommend courses of action to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Engineering function.
- Communicate effectively, oral and written, at all levels of the organisation, with the ability to articulate financial information to non-financial staff.
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally, especially with Finance, IT and HR
- Well organised with the ability to multi-task and manage inputs from multiple sources.
- Able to work under pressure and provide high quality deliverables to tight deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to lead or facilitate cross-functional improvement initiatives identified by yourself and others.
- Experienced of working in an Engineering organisation
- Experienced in delivering continuous improvements with a varied “toolbox” such as 6 Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, DMAIC, etc.
- Experienced in Earned Value
- Degree Qualified in Maths, Business, Finance or Engineering OR
- Experience working in a Finance / Analyst role with analysis and continuous improvement as core.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton. Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. http://www.raytheon.com/Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
. 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
. Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
. 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
. Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
. Enhanced sick pay scheme
. Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
. 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
. Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.