Installation & Commissioning Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a trainee Installation & Commissioning Engineer working within the Raytheon Air Traffic Management Business. Installation & Commissioning engineers are responsible for taking the Air Traffic Control system from the factory and installing it at the customers premises both in the UK and Overseas. Installation can range from a complete turnkey system to simple unit upgrades, but at all times the installation engineer is responsible for the works on site & sell off to the customer.
Work deployments can be from 2 – 3 months and could be almost anywhere in the world. Whilst on site the Installation & Commissioning Engineer will report to the Programme Manager but will act as Raytheon’s interface with the customer.
This is an exciting opportunity for a hands on engineer to receive Full installation and commissioning training through a combination of working with other experienced engineers and formal off site training courses.
- Willingness to travel both domestic and International.
- An interest in electrical Installation.
- Practical hands on Engineer
- Full Clean driving licence
- Good team player but equally comfortable when working alone.
- Good communication skills, both verbal & written
- Knowledge of HSE regulations.
- Good problem solver- able to analyse & solve unusual problems.
- Experience of Installing Electrical / Electronic equipment.
- Certified to the 17th Edition of Wiring Regulations.
- Certified Industrial climber.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.