The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
Within Ocado Automation Engineering sits the Central Product Engineering team who are responsible for the application, configuration and ongoing life support of our solutions used to power our automated CFCs. They are the engineering experts providing centralised specialist knowledge to multiple teams within Ocado. As a Localisation Engineer, you will be working within a team of change and support engineers, and alongside product specialists, to understand, identify and implement mechanical handling equipment (MHE) customisation for regional and local markets.
What will you be doing?...
- Own all aspects of mechanical handling equipment (MHE) product localisation ensuring products are compliant with state, federal, national and regional regulations and directives
- Work with product specialists to identify the full scope of product compliance, identifying compliance gaps and managing any modifications through to completion
- Raise changes and/or customisations through the local change process and manage through to completion
- Direct translation, or management of the translation, of product installation, operation and maintenance manuals, labels and signage
- Champion the localisation requirements of product engineering when working with other stakeholders
- Solid experience within a position with similar responsibilities, and a background in mechanical/electrical assemblies (ideally mechanical handling equipment (MHE))
- Proven background working within at least one non-UK regulatory framework (e.g. US CFR)
- Proven experience working directly with engineering/development teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Awareness of field installation of products and/or systems
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……