Engineering Change and Support Manager
The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
Within Ocado Automation Engineering sits the Central Product Engineering team who are responsible for the application, configuration and ongoing life support of our solutions used to power our automated CFCs. The Engineering Change and Support Manager within this team is responsible for the implementation and standardisation of technical support, engineering change management and document control for these products.
What will you be doing?...
- Lead the implementation and standardisation of the technical support and engineering change management functions relating to Ocado’s mechanical handling equipment (MHE) products
- Maintain and communicate product technical documentation
- Technical communications and product updates
- Coordinate and support during design installation and commissioning phases
- Manage and maintain the processes used within the product engineering side of the team
- Be accountable for deliverables and develop the individuals in the team
- Demonstrable experience working with and developing engineering change control systems (ECR/ECO/ECN) and/or configuration management
- Project Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
- Awareness of field Installation of products and / or systems
- Awareness of acceptance testing
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and comfortable using CAD packages
- Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Technical / Engineering qualification
- People management including coaching and development and delivery of results through others
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……