The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
Within Ocado Automation Engineering sits the Technical Design and Integration (TDI) team. Working closely with multiple departments across the business from Product Development and IT through to external Architects and Structural Engineers, the TDI team create detailed Technical CAD designs and drawings during the design phase of Ocado’s multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world.
What will you be doing?...
- Manage the multi-location CAD Services team in support of our Project Technical Design Integration Teams in the creation of new Distribution Warehouse MHE Drawings/layouts for Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) Projects
- Create and maintain the CAD resource capacity planning
- Co-manage CAD software licences including Autodesk AEC Collections, Autodesk BIM 360, Autodesk PDM Collections (Inventor), AutoCAD LT, Vault Pro, Solidworks, etc.
- Assist the Principal Integration Leads in the creation and maintenance of the TDI Standards and document control process
- Ensure all concepts and design ideas are translated into engineered system designs, adhering to application and system requirements
- Coordinate with external resources, such as CAD Service Providers and design subcontractors, notifying line manager/programme manager where supplementary capacity and skills may be required.
- To carry out the recruitment of additional members of the CAD Tech Team and their onboarding/initial and long term training/mentoring ensuring they fully understand the processes and standards required to achieve a successful project
- Identifying and implementing improvement and development opportunities.
- Experience in Personnel Management of a team of 10 or more people (preferably in a design-focused role)
- A background in one or more of the following:
Architecture (background in Industrial Architecture Warehousing/Distribution design or M&E/MEP design would be an advantage)
Structural Engineering (Background in structural steel preferably experience with steel mezzanine structures)
Mechanical Engineering in MHE in the FMCG Industry, minimum of 5 years is preferred, with experience in a design engineering department (Automotive, Aerospace would be considered)
- Knowledge and ability to use 3D Autodesk Revit (2D AutoCAD, Inventor and/or Solidworks experience would also be an advantage)
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……