Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer
3 days left
- Job Type
- Senior & Chartered Engineer
The UK Atomic Energy Authority have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer to join their team within the Site Maintenance Services Group. The team consists of circa 20 employees and are responsible for the maintenance of all buildings across the Culham site.
The Site Maintenance Group are seeking a self - motivated, organised individual with a good technical knowledge of the building services industry who can communicate well at all levels. The role of Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer is responsible for overseeing the day to day operation and maintenance of the site high and low temperature hot water heating systems and to take the lead on the maintenance and management of the site domestic hot and cold water services.
The Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer will be acting as a client interface with the maintenance term contract and the Site maintenance and commercial property team.
Critical to this role:
- To provide technical support ensuring that the services are provided in a safe, timely, cost effective and at an appropriate quality. It is important that due regard is paid to the requirements and priorities of the various stakeholders
-To contribute to the organisational processes with the aim of delivering continuous improvements of engineering and quality, safety, health and environmental standards
-To enable delivery of safe and reliable operation and maintenance of UKAEA services and plant, ensuring compliance with current legislation, codes of practice and good engineering principles
Key accountabilities/responsibilities include:
-To act a plant manager for the HTHW, MTHW and LTHW boiler systems, to be responsible for managing the operation of the site boiler plant and associated heating systems
-Manage and operate the sites Trend, Building Management Systems
-To produce plant operating procedures, task Instructions, risk assessments and method statements for planned and reactive maintenance operations relating to a variety of mechanical building services on site
-Lead the management and control of Legionella maintenance and preventative measures as recommended in the HSE Approved Code of Practice L8 and HSG274 on a day to day basis
-Manage the team who operate the site computerised maintenance management system, ensuring that asset data is kept up to date and to produce policies and procedures
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Educated to degree level in a Building Services, Mechanical Engineering or with equivalent experience
- Substantial relevant post qualification experience in the maintenance and operation of mechanical building services plant and equipment to meet functional, statutory and clients’ requirements to applicable codes and standards
- Good knowledge of hot and cold-water systems, the Water Supply Regulations and Legionella control
- Demonstrable knowledge of the management of internal and external stakeholders at different levels
- Working knowledge and understanding of current construction legislation and its application, with demonstrable experience of safety management, IOSH or NEBOSH qualification in Health and Safety
- Membership of a relevant chartered body e.g. CIBSE, RICS etc
- Mechanical Authorised Person (AP10) qualified
- Experience in the use of Computerised Maintenance Management systems
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance
- As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received
- Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role, please discuss with the hiring manager or HR if you have any concerns