MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
To Manage and Deliver Manufacturing Systems and Processes, Technical Lead and Engineering Team Leader in development and production of complex products. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- HNC/HND Level of Qualifications or equivalent plus substantial level of experienc
- Experience in engineering leadership / management.
- A detailed knowledge of current MBDA Manufacturing Engineering Tools
- Good Planning and Organising skills to ensure multiple tasks are prioritised and monitored to deliver set objectives.
- Communication skills; the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail
The role will provide many stimulating challenges and personal development opportunities. MBDA values its employee’s personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects, the opportunity exists to create both movement and development opportunities across the Manufacturing Engineering Function as we begin on our journey to embrace Functional excellence. What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What’s great about the team?
- Develop manufacturing systems and processes in response to the defined Manufacturing Architecture and the Manufacturing, Inspection and Test Plan.
- Creation and approval of manufacturing and test instruction documentation.
- Process FMEA and process capability proving.
- Team size and capability mix optimisation for successful delivery of work packages and projects.
- Manage and report against the team’s work programmes, including analysis of risk, to ensure the team delivers its accountabilities.
- Lead and support Continuous Improvement initiatives to ensure the area of responsibility is continually developing to improve efficiency.
- Support the Manufacturing System Controller during the preparation and proving of the Production System for Certificate of Manufacture approval.
- Risk identification and aversion strategies associated with technical definition and manufacturing methodologies.
- Development, maintain and control technical interfaces to customers, suppliers and collaborators to ensure effective and swift resolution of technical issues.
- Some UK and Overseas travel may be required.
- Effective Non-Conformance management and corrective action.
- You will be joining a strong established team within Manufacturing Engineering Function, working with a group of people with a broad mix of skills and experience. You will be a key part in the delivery and evolution of the manufacturing engineering toolset.
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name:
Engineering UK (Defence)