A fantastic opportunity has become available for a well-established quality professional to play a pivotal role in ensuring all core quality activities within the In-Service phase of the life cycle are carried out satisfactorily.
This is a unique opportunity to network with, and gain visibility of, a large variety of MBDA’s functions/activities across all sites along with frequent interaction with the Customer community.
This involves working within a Customer facing environment, with a dynamic and experienced Project Team.
The successful candidate will lead a team to achieve this goal whilst ensuring all quality processes, reviews and techniques are appropriately applied. What are we looking for?
You will be an experienced Quality Manager, who has worked in an Engineering environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Experienced quality professional
- Strong ability to identify, plan, lead and follow up activities and actions.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels whilst respecting cultural differences.
- Good analytical skills and detailed understanding of quality techniques, approaches and measurements.
- Sound knowledge of Engineering and Product lifecycles.
- Focused on mentoring and developing others, leading the continued development and sustainment of a quality culture within the Engineering teams.
- Work under your own initiative and be able to demonstrate adaptability, flexibility in carrying out this role.
What would you get?
- Represent the voice of the Customer within the project
- Gain extensive customer-facing experience
- Deploy Quality tools and techniques
- Opportunity to identify improvements to future MBDA products from analysis of end user issues.
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
- Be the primary Quality Authority for in-service programmes, assuring activities comply with BMS process requirements and contractual standards
- Lead, recruit, coach, develop and motivate the team to meet their requirements of objectives (Product Focus & Process Focus)
- Manage resources and activities to ensure the right people are available in the right job, to meet current and future business needs
- Work with UK senior Engineering management to determine key activities and projects which will maximize the achievement of business objectives
- Coach Engineers to manage the design reviews/ gates/ milestones, and the Non-conformance process
- Report key performance metrics, propose solutions, and take ownership to deliver improvements
- Build relationship with Senior contacts
- Analyse Workload forecast, gain agreement to and implement budgets for the team
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)