We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Technician to join our team at Ocado’s General Merchandise site in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.
Our Engineering team play an important part in supporting the operation, providing 1st line response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities, building technology support as well as proactive improvement works.
The role will involve:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of all equipment.
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given
- A formal engineering related qualification would be advantageous
- Competent mechanically
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
- To be self motivated and willing to work alone
- Knowledge of control systems would also be preferred
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at heights
- Please note this role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the site.
What will I get in return?
- Job security in a rapidly growing Company
- Holiday purchase scheme - buy 3 extra days tax/ni free
- Pension - Ocado matches up to 7% of pay
- Genuine career development in the UK
- Training and technical development
- Share schemes
- Free shares issued annually
- Buy as You Earn - buy shares through your wages (tax and ni free)
- Share Save (SAYE) - offered annually
- 15% off Ocado, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled
- Refer a friend scheme = £500 - £1,000
- Fabulous subsidised restaurant with our famous £1 cooked breakfast!
- Life Assurance - 3 x basic salary
- Online access to GP via Axa Digital GP app - for employee and family
- Employee Assistance Programme with 8 free counselling sessions
- Heavily discounted onsite company shop with up to 70% off - meat, fish, ready meals, snacks, fruit, vegetables, bread, cupboard items, household
- Free uniform
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin (Theme Parks/days out), Cineworld, Enterprise car hire, Prezzo, Buyagift
- Neyber - Affordable loans and free financial education
Shift pattern works on an average 42 hour week with a mixture of days and nights over an 8 week cycle.
12 hour shifts: 0700-1900 or 1900-0700.
NB: You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and are subject to review.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.