Engineering Technician - GMDC3- Zoom
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in one of Ocado’s latest business streams. The new West London site will become the third distribution centre of the General Merchandise (GM) arm of the Ocado business.
Our Engineering team play an important part in supporting the operation, providing 1st response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works.
The role will involve:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and auctioning repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of all equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given
- A formal engineering related qualification would be advantageous
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
- To be self motivated and willing to work alone
- Knowledge of control systems would also be preferred
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at heights
- Please note this role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the site.
What will I get in return?
- Job security in a rapidly growing Company
- Holiday purchase scheme - buy 3 extra days tax/ni free
- Pension - Ocado matches up to 7% of pay
- Genuine career development in the UK
- Training and technical development
- Share schemes
- Free shares issued annually
- Buy as You Earn - buy shares through your wages (tax and ni free)
- Share Save (SAYE) - offered annually
- 15% off Ocado, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled
- Refer a friend scheme = £500 - £1,000
- Fabulous subsidised restaurant with our famous £1 cooked breakfast!
- Life Assurance - 3 x basic salary
- Online access to GP via Axa Digital GP app - for employee and family
- Employee Assistance Programme with 8 free counselling sessions
- Heavily discounted onsite company shop with up to 70% off - meat, fish, ready meals, snacks, fruit, vegetables, bread, cupboard items, household
- Free uniform
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin (Theme Parks/days out), Cineworld, Enterprise car hire, Prezzo, Buyagift
- Neyber - Affordable loans and free financial education