Senior Systems Engineer
Based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Reference ID: SAG/20/001
Salary: £60,000.00 to £80,000.00 /year
SA Group Ltd is looking for a Senior Systems Engineering consultant to strengthen our growing team of expert consultants.
To be a relevant candidate for this opportunity you will be a Principal / Senior Systems Engineer, educated to Masters’ Degree standard, with wide-ranging experience across the defence and nuclear domains. The role will introduce you to a varied and exciting array of research and scientific programmes so having an interest and background in this field would be preferable.
As well as the technical skills you will be able to quickly build rapport with senior management and be able to manage teams as you will the main point of contact and activities representing SA Group.
The key professional competencies you will be able to demonstrate are the elicitation and management of User and System requirements, the implementation and execution of Systems Engineering methodology & processes throughout the system lifecycle cycle, the production and presentation of validation and verification evidence, capability management, options analysis and balance of investment studies, you will be familiar with creating SEMP (Systems Engineering Management Plan) and RAMP (Requirements and Acceptance Management Plan) and you will be an accomplished communicator with the capabilities and gravitas to provide precise briefings and written work from strategic to delivery to detailed technical correspondence.
To provide some further context the qualifications, skills and experience required and desired are as follows:
- INCOSE CSEP qualified (or evidence of working towards) minimum;
- BSc in Systems Engineering, Physics, or equivalent experience;
- CEng chartered or working towards chartered status;
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a Systems Engineering role;
- Strong understanding of the Systems Engineering life cycle and Systems Thinking;
- Experience of writing Systems Engineering Management Plan’s (SEMP) for large/complex systems;
- The ability to understand and manage associated risks;
- Civil Nuclear experience is highly desirable;
- Prior experience within Defence, Space or Rail industries is desirable.
- Please be aware that all applicants must have UK SC security clearance (or higher) or have the ability to gain necessary clearance
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Company events & social hours
- On-site parking
Who We Are
SA Group is a Cyber Security, P3M and Technical consultancy working in Defence Security plus broader public service and blue chip commercial markets. We have ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years, aiming to expand into new sectors and internationally too. A recent strategic review of the business structure has created a number of new consultancy positions to help achieve this growth.
The company is made up of around 50 consultants and business support professionals and and our head office is based in a beautiful rural location near Westbury, Wiltshire. We are a highly energetic, tenacious and meritocratic team with grown up, people focused values.
If this opportunity is of interest, please click apply now which will take you to our vacancy page on our website. We would be pleased to schedule a call and discuss the role in further detail.