AWE are currently recruiting for EMR, ESD, Lightning and RADAR specialists.
AWE are seeking Electronic Engineers and Applied Physicists with design or research experience in the disciplines of Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR), Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Lightning protection/assessment or RADAR technologies.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent).
A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who are looking to further their career in EMR, ESD, Lightning protection/assessment or RADAR technologies. This role will allow you the opportunity to apply theoretical principles to the development of test and measurement procedures and undertake experimental work within a safe operating framework. It will also involve the critical analysis of data to inform performance or safety assessments of systems in all product lifecycle stages. This role affords the opportunities to travel occasionally within the UK and overseas. The company also provides support for Professional Registration and Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Typically, we would expect candidates to have:
- A degree in a relevant subject (e.g. electrical/electronic engineering, physics, or applied physics) and several years of hands-on experience in your specialist discipline. A post-graduate qualification may also be beneficial
- A sound theoretical grounding in your subject and can communicate technical principles to all levels within an organisation
- Experience of combining theoretical understanding, mathematical models, simulations and measurement data to analyse the behaviour of a complex system
- Experience of producing high quality technical documents and delivering presentations to a range of audiences
- An ability to multitask across several projects, whilst proactively managing priorities and remaining focused on delivery
You must be willing and able to:
- Undertake training as part of your career development
- Work on defence related matters in a high security environment
- Aid the development of colleagues through formal and informal technical mentoring
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.