Senior Network Manager - Utilities
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - Competitive salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and can make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business.
You will manage the Site Utilities Networks, Services, Operations & Contract delivery to meet 24/7/365 delivery requirements.
You will be required to:
- Attend all relevant meetings for the role, inclusive of sub function meetings (inputs & outputs).
- Working with the Group Leader to help define new demand/requests. This will include assisting in the interpretation of demand and cost for the Basis of Estimates and future planning requirements.
- Delivery of scope, cost and schedule of Asset Management in accordance with the Work Authorisation Document (WAD) issued by the Group Leader.
- To assist the Group Leader with strategic development of the Networks and to apply focus to Utilities Milestones.
- Works within the Site Function governance framework and provides information to support compliance to relevant parties.
- Submit accurate Visual Management Board information in a timely manner (weekly and monthly) and makes recommendations for improvements.
- EPR Baseline - Managing Operations (in compliance with the permit).
- For directing teams and contractors to maintain plant within legislative requirements and to undertake safe operations.
- Maintain stakeholder engagement plans and liaise with stakeholders to develop interface relationships.
- Ensure Networks, Contractors and Projects work within the Safe Operating Boundaries (SOB), as defined by the Safety Basis for the Networks.
- Provide leadership and task management to the Utilities team & functions; set and agree annual objectives, communicate business and local messages in an engaging manner, measure and manage performance, oversee time and leave management across Utilities.
- Ensure that the management and delivery of maintenance plans & configuration is met by the Networks.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Technician based apprenticeship/NVQ 4.
- ONC with suitable additional experience.
- Additional qualifications specific to the Network area.
- Fully conversant with the Network plant, government energy policies & AWE strategies.