At SONI and EirGrid Group, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Team Lead, Scenario Planning within the Innovation and Planning Function, based in Belfast.
We are SONI – the electricity System Operator for Northern Ireland. We plan and operate the electricity system, the wholesale market, and manage flows on interconnectors with our neighbours. We ensure that electricity is always available when and where it’s needed, every second of every day.
SONI has been part of the EirGrid Group since 2009. SONI operates the all-island wholesale electricity market with EirGrid through the Single Electricity Market Operator (SEMO) which has been in operation since November 2007. SONI is regulated by the Utility Regulator (UR). SEMO is regulated cooperatively by the Commission for Regulation of Utilities Water and Energy and UR through the Single Electricity Market Committee (SEM-C).
Our 2020 - 25 strategy is shaped by climate change and the transition of the electricity sector to low-carbon, renewable energy.
We have a unique role to play in leading the radical transformation that is required. Our strategy sums up our response to these challenges. It consists of a set of key goals, underpinned by our purpose to Transform the power system for future generations.
We now seek an ambitious and dynamic Team Lead who will lead the team in the delivery of team, department and company objectives and will have a key role in ensuring that SONI leads the decarbonisation of the electricity system in Northern Ireland through effective stakeholder engagement with colleagues from the Department for the Economy, Utility Regulator and wider industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the team in the development of Tomorrow’s Energy Scenarios Northern Ireland including storyline development, analysis of industry and consumer trends
- Lead engagement with stakeholders to capture industry, government and regulatory input to development of Tomorrow’s Energy Scenarios Northern Ireland
- Oversee the development and delivery of publication documents to ensure a consistently high standard of stakeholder engagement is maintained
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of Tomorrow’s Energy Scenarios Northern Ireland in line with expectations
- Lead the development of the SONI Grid Code to comply with relevant legislation and accommodate new technologies onto the power system. Work across teams and departments to ensure timely delivery and ensure stakeholder expectations are met.
- Lead the development of new transmission investment policies, review and update existing policies and contribute to review of transmission system planning and operating standards
- Lead the development, maintenance and quality assurance of power system planning data
If you believe you have the skills and experience to take up this position, please upload your application (CV with cover letter).
SONI is an Equal Opportunities Employer