Job Title: Clerk of Works – Mechanical and Electrical
Salary: £41,621 per annum
Salary Band: B1 H1
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 1
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing date: 12 July 2020 at 23:55 pm
In-House Services and Estates (IHSE) team in Parliament takes great pride in looking after and improving the buildings of Parliament itself, as custodians of the Estate. We operate on a working World Heritage site which attracts visitors from all over the globe, in a challenging stakeholder environment where conservation and the need to innovate and build for the future coincide.
As IHSE’s portfolio of work becomes more evident and essential works become more intrusive it is vital that we engage effectively with our customers and key stakeholders. This role will be pivotal in promoting the work of IHSE and providing customers with timely information on potential impacts.
You will work with Project Leaders in the Project Delivery team to provide Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Clerk of Works duties and will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of projects to specified M & E standards, for works to the whole Parliamentary estate, maintaining the integrity and coherence of the M&E related standards, quality, and processes - and for approval of compliance to such standards and processes. This job description may develop in line with business need, and the post holders are required to carry out other reasonable duties, including covering for colleagues’ leave.
To be successful in this role will have the following skills/experience:
- Have site-based building services engineering experience working as a M&E CoW, or Site Installation Supervisor/Inspector on new and refurbishment projects in occupied/historic buildings
- Be able to ensure timely inspections, rectification of issues, and communications with relevant stakeholder groups. Communicate confidently and effectively both orally and in writing adapting communication style for the needs of the audience.
- You must be a Level 3 qualified in an Electrical or Mechanical engineering discipline
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
Clicking apply will take you to the full job description on the House of Commons website.
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form.