Would you like to use your skills to play a key role in developing and understanding explosive materials? The Explosives area are seeking an experienced person, with ideally a few years experience in industry, who can lead in the scale up and development of chemical formulations from grams to kilograms.
Applying your expertise, your work will focus on the research and development of new explosive materials while simultaneously working alongside our analytical and safety teams to characterise and assess the suitability of these materials.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience or knowledge in the field of materials development.
For this role it is desirable that you can demonstrate the following:
· BSc, MChem Degree or PhD level knowledge of a relevant scientific discipline such as Chemistry or Chemical engineering, having applied the knowledge through experience in the field
· Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with excellent team working skills
· Broad experience developing materials using a range of different processing techniques
· Experience in a range of analytical techniques e.g. particle size measurement, thermal characterisation and spectroscopy
· Understanding of working with hazardous materials and basic health & safety
Willing to travel and work at other UK Sites as required