Working with us:
Do you relish the challenge being part of a growing business, a team, an industry, and seeing the energy you help generate? Are you at your best when contributing to a range of projects and collaborating across teams to learn and develop your skills?
Within CSA Catapult we look beyond the status quo. We look to employ people based on ability and attitude; we measure what you deliver and how you do it. We encourage collaboration in everything we do as we value the diversity of thought that we each bring to every challenge.
Who are we? The next wave of emerging technologies will have an enormous impact on our lives. 5G communications will enable a host of new and exciting applications such as connected autonomous vehicles and multimedia services. Increasing demand for clean energy will require new electricity networks, while advanced sensing will open-up new opportunities for health diagnostics and security. These developments will be underpinned by Compound Semiconductor (CS) technologies.
We are a not for profit organisation; here to help the UK economy grow, and we work across the UK with a range of industry sectors from automotive to medical, and from digital communications to aerospace. Through employing leading minds and investing in technology, we help bridge the gap between idea and implementation by removing the barriers often faced by SMEs.
A unique opportunity to apply a passion for electronics manufacturing to advanced electronic package prototyping for next generation systems in transportation, energy, & 5G communications, sensors and medical.
As part of our technical team, you will work in project teams across the Catapult’s laboratory facilities Microelectronics Advanced Packaging lab, Power Electronics lab, RF/Microwave lab, and Photonics lab, help and execute the realization of ideas and designs and contribute to the success of the Catapult.
Trainings and appropriate support and personal development will be offered. Our plan for this position is to train our appointee to this position and offer him/her a higher position in this field.
- Conduct laboratory tests, processes and report results to the senior staff
- Provide technical support
- Desire to learn and develop (quick learner) to new techniques and laboratory practices
- Able to follow practises, polices, and health and safety roles
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain and calibration of laboratory equipment (appropriate training will be provided)
- Make sure lab supplies are available
- Able to work in a cleanroom and fast environment
- Writing reports, SOPs and summaries if asked
- Collecting preparing and testing samples
You might have an Electrical and Electronic degree, or equivalent experience
What do we offer?
- Up to £25,000 salary (FTE). We do not need to know your current salary.
- Staff bonus scheme.
- 37.5-hour full time working week but can consider part time or job share suggestions.
- Development – as you grow in the role, we will support you throughout that journey.
- Payment for a professional membership each year.
- Flexible working – we operate core hours of 10-4. The balance of your hours can be worked around what works for you.
- Generous pension scheme – e.g. you put in 5% and we’ll put in 10%.
- 28 days leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Holiday carryover.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family.
- Life Assurance.