Battery Storage Consultant
Everoze is a technical and commercial consultancy accelerating the transition to a net-zero energy system. We listen carefully to our clients, partnering with them to make projects, companies, and technologies financeable and future-system focused. We are employee owned. Our team is skilled, agile, and cohesive. We deliver projects with positive impact, high quality, and high margin.
We are hiring a battery storage consultant engineer to work on projects in Western Europe, with a focus on the UK and Ireland.
Deadline for applications: 2nd September 2020
Location: Western Europe, within proximity of one of our existing offices (Bristol, Fife, Paris, Lyon, Madrid). For the right candidate we may consider other locations and remote working.
Interviews: From 7 September
Start date: Flexible
Package: A competitive package including pension scheme, profit share and route into company ownership.
Real impact at the cutting edge of energy: We are committed to accelerating the transition to a net-zero energy system. We work with some of the most influential players in the sector to achieve this and regularly find ourselves working on projects that push the technical and commercial boundaries of clean energy. You’ll be at the heart of this: providing the analysis and judgement which inform our clients’ major investment and policy decisions.
Exposure to a wide range of projects and clients: As a thriving consultancy business Everoze works for clients ranging from multinational banks to community energy groups. You will be exposed to the wide range of projects financed and developed by these clients, taking in different approaches to challenges, risks, and solutions at each turn.
A fast-growth environment: We set up shop with 6 partners in September 2015. Now we’re 55 strong and counting, based across the UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany.
The flattest of flat organisations: Let’s be upfront: if you thrive on hierarchy and structure, Everoze is not the company for you. But if you are looking for a work environment where the strength of your ideas are valued as much as your years of experience, then you’re looking in the right place. You will be given the freedom and autonomy to shape your own career; it’s not for everyone, and with freedom comes responsibility – but for the right people owning your own career will allow you to thrive.
The team works: Say goodbye to departmental silos! We get our offshore wind experts working on energy storage, our UK team working on French projects, our onshore wind specialists branching into solar. It keeps things fresh for us and, more importantly, spurs the creative cross-fertilisation of ideas which helps us deliver unique insights and value to our clients.
Top-notch mentorship: Most of the Everoze team have been in the renewables and energy business for well over a decade, and some of us have previously led large teams and business units. We are generous in sharing this experience by assigning you an internal mentor to help guide your professional development. And we hope that you can return the favour by offering feedback for us too, because whether you’ve got 3 months experience, or 30 years, we’ve all got more to learn.
You will be advising developers, owners, investors, and public bodies on battery storage developments as a technical and commercial consultant. Your work will initially be focused on the GB and Irish markets, with opportunities to work further afield depending on your appetite and language ability.
Specific activities will include:
- Delivering technical and commercial due diligence for grid-scale battery storage developments – both as a project manager and in supporting roles
- Acting as an Owner’s Engineer on new-build assets: drafting Employer’s Requirements (including system specifications, scopes of work, testing criteria, warranty requirements), assessing EPC tenders, supporting contract negotiations, monitoring construction, witnessing and analysing performance testing, checking contractual compliance.
- Acting as an Owner’s Engineer on operational assets: performance and energy capacity analysis, carrying out site visits, performing contractual compliance checks
- Supporting strategic work in the energy storage and flexibility space
- Training others (both internal and external) on technical and commercial aspects of battery storage.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships and winning work
- Contributing to the Everoze project: supporting business functions, pitching new tactics, and getting involved in all the other non-commercial aspects of our work.
We would like to hear from you, especially if:
- You understand the technical and commercial aspects of battery storage projects well enough to advise on multi-million pound / euro investments in the sector;
- You are as comfortable talking to system designers about battery sizing and control strategies, as you are talking to investors about how the battery system will (or won’t) fulfil their business plans;
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
- You are excited to work in an open non-hierarchical environment;
- You are self-motivated and will take advantage of the autonomy of your role to shape your own career;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better
Other qualities and skills that might make you right for this job:
- Experience of electricity trading and grid ancillary services
- Experience of control and communications systems in electricity infrastructure
- Experience working with Electrical Vehicle batteries and charging infrastructure
- A background in design, manufacturing or operations
- Language ability (French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German)
- Data analysis capability
How to apply
Everoze embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
For this reason applications for this position are to be made exclusively through the Applied platform. You will be asked to answer a series of short questions designed to test that you have the skills that we are looking for. These will be reviewed anonymously, and the highest scoring applicants will be invited for interview.
To make an application please click APPLY