Are you an experienced engineering logistics specialist with experience of industrial scale management of bottled gases?
Do you have knowledge and experience of British Compressed Gases Association (BCGA) codes of practice and the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR)?
The UK Atomic Energy Authority has an excellent opportunity for such an individual to work on our Culham site helping with all aspects of our multidisciplinary operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deputy Contract Project Manager for the bottled gases contract. Liaison with the Plant Officers to forecast the operational demands for bottled gases 6-12 months ahead. Liaise with the main stores, APBG`s and the gas supplier to ensure sufficient stock is always in place on the Culham site
- Primary interface with the gas supplier and the UKAEA Procurement Group with respect to demand forecasting, supply, safety and quality issues
- Primary interface with the Culham site Safety Group with respect to compliance with the BCGA Codes of Practice related to the transport, storage, handling, management and usage of bottled gases
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the Organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding, two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading-edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Experience of the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) and the BCGA Codes of Practice for the transport, storage, handling and usage of bottled gases
- Experience of stock management systems
Selection Methods and Notes:
- As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received
- Please note, UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role
- Please note, all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions