RMO for the Infrared Imager Detector Sub-assembly. Within the latest design iteration of one of our products, the integrated detector and cooling assembly (IDCA) will be redesigned by the supplier and delivered back into the programme. This role is an opportunity to, on behalf of the programme, manage the delivery of the IDCA from the customer in a timely and cost-effective manner
What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Knowledge and experience in the delivery of a subsystem programme, and the ability to technically & programmatically manage internal & sub-contract activities
- Experience with good engineering practices, such as requirements definition, design certification & validation, and configuration control
- Awareness of system design & integration challenges
- Awareness of the electro-optic imager topic ; both from a theoretical understanding of EO radiation, propagation and detection principles, and also the practical understanding of EO system design constraints
- Awareness of safety and infosec related aspects pertaining to (missile) sub-system architectures.
- Strong communication / facilitation skills, with the ability to form positive relationships with supplier, whilst holding them accountable to their contractual obligations
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a physics or engineering based subject
- Desirable to have experience in engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. 3D CAD, MATLAB) and configuration and requirements management tools such as TeamCenter PDM and DOORS
What would you get?
- It gives the opportunity to experience a broader view of the development process through interaction with Systems Designers, Technical Experts, Chief Engineers and Suppliers.
- There are further opportunities to become a Team Leader within the CDE Project teams as an interim step to becoming a CDE.
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
What’s great about the team?
- Defining and agreeing the IDCA technical requirements and associated development programme in conjunction with the wider project team
- Preparation of documentation required to support placement, and ongoing management, of delegated work packages.
- Review and acceptance of deliverable documentation, concessions, compliance statements, performance reports, etc. pertaining to the IDCA and associated test equipment.
- Technical and Programme Management of the external subcontract.
- Task package planning and reporting including ensuring Primavera plans are available to support critical path and earned value analysis.
- Ensuring the application of relevant Company, and National and International policies and standards.
- Ensuring the application of relevant Modularity and Reuse commitments, identification of new opportunities, agreement and justification where delivery cannot be realised.
- This role will interact with both the programme, as well as the EO Seeker & Sensors technical function, and so offers the opportunity for wider visibility across the Technical and Operations Directorates.
- You will be part of a highly skilled and experienced project team developing a sub-system for product integration. As such, you will be part of the rapid life cycle of the system: from initial demonstrator and assessment through to qualification and production activities
- You will also be connected to the EO Seeker functional team, and so have the opportunity to engage with, and experience the broader and varied work content of the function.
- You will have the opportunity to travel between MBDA sites, supplier and customer locations, and test sites
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.