Principal Commissioning Manager
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - £54,7500.00-£86,500.00 plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and can make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business.
You will be required to:
- Responsible for functional/task management to meet the professional standards, performance and integrity of the work and reporting information necessary to support the business objectives.
- Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
- Support the Department Group Leader to ensure that appropriate resources are identified and allocated to meet business requirements; elevating areas of concern where appropriate.
- Provide improvement mechanisms based on current operating experience, wider UK commercial best practices and peer nuclear and explosive licensed organisations.
- Provide leadership and optimise the delivery of engineering service.
- Support and maintain a culture of zero accidents or incidents relating to occupational and personal safety, security, health issues and environmental matters.
- As a task manager, responsible for ensuring task objectives are clearly set.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Management of Commissioning and commissioning experience
- To have worked in a technical environment with responsibility for the specification, operational performance, maintenance and commissioning of safety justified plant and equipment to the highest levels of quality, safety and security.
- Extensive experience of commissioning electrical, mechanical and EC&I system
- Commissioning experience with Expert Knowledge of: Mechanical Systems; Ventilation Systems; Air Handling Units; Refrigeration and Chillers; Vacuum Systems; Compressed Air Systems; Access Platforms and Scaffolding; Process Equipment; Pump and Fan Systems; Fluid Storage, Pipework Systems and Transport; Cranes and Lifting Devices; Pressure Testing.
- Awareness and knowledge of Nuclear Regulations, Barrier Procedures and Health Physics Protection.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments, safety systems, safety cases and SSoW.