Role - Senior Electrical Authority (Senior Authorising Authority)
The Senior Electrical Authority (SEA) role is equivalent to the Senior Authorising Authority (Electrical) MoD JSP 375 role.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - £65,000.00-£75,000.00 per annum plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
You will be required to:
- Undertake the lead role within the company for advice, information and expertise about policy, best practice and engineering knowledge in electrical safety.
- Lead the Electrical Safety Improvement Programme including the identification, agreement and management of required funding and resource.
- Setting company policy and procedures to support electrical engineering safety throughout the company.
- Establish and maintain a structure of competent persons who will be responsible for application of the electrical safety code across the company, including:
- Senior Authorised Persons (Electrical) (Senior Authorising Engineer)
- Monitor the performance of compliance with electrical legislation and standards, including competence, configuration and work control.
- Ensure communication is maintained with other relevant disciplines across the company.
- Provide an Intelligent Customer interface with Regulators at a corporate level.
- Build and maintain communications with similar companies to enable best practice to be shared.
- Shape the future to inspire trust, build effective relationships to clarify purpose, energise the team to deliver results and be a model for personal excellence, integrity and accountability
- Suitable candidate will have extensive experience in all aspects of electrical safety from design through to decommissioning.
- Experience of managing safety in a large complex production or manufacturing organisation preferably within a highly regulated industry.
- Previous experience in the development, implementation and application of electrical safety policy would be extremely advantageous.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institute preferably at Chartered Engineer level but as a minimum at Incorporated Engineer with equivalent academic qualifications (minimum HNC/HND).