License/Authorisation/Security Condition Compliance Engineer
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - £42,000.00-£65,000.00plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and can make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business. You will be required to facilitate the demonstration of Engineering (Sites and Assets) compliance with the various site license/authorisation/security conditions with which AWE must comply.
This role will require the applicant to:
Join a team demonstrating Engineering (Sites & Assets) compliance with the various conditions set by AWEs regulators to ensure safety on-site.
You will be required to:
- Review and update arrangements with respect to the regulator conditions.
- Ensure implementation plans meet internal and external regulator expectations.
- Identify the competencies necessary to effectively implement the arrangements.
- Assist in the prioritisation of the Arrangement requirements for each Condition.
- Develop KPI specifications for condition requirements.
- Identify and establish KPI data sources.
- Obtain, collate and organise KPI information for Technical Owner analysis.
- Prepare bi-monthly reports and presentations for the condition technical owners.
- Prepare presentations and dossiers necessary for effective reporting.
- Facilitate Reviews, Workshops and Audits to investigate and improve Arrangements.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues by managing the creation of actions, allocation of action leads, verification of action completion and closure of issues.
- Align the approach, documentation and practices associated with arrangements and implementation thereof across the E(S&A) technical owners.
- Maintain awareness of ONR guidance and other pertinent information on license conditions compliance.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Undergraduate degree.
- An innovative attitude, a flexible and organised approach and the ability to apply oneself to a diverse range of issues/domains.
- Stakeholder management skills will be required to align the various engineering aspects of the business to achieve the ultimate objective of a single demonstrably sufficient suite of arrangements that satisfy all of the conditions.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory activities on licensed sites.
- The ability to handle large amounts of data to produce meaningful information and updated arrangements with which to improve AWEs license condition compliance.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institute is required and the role will involve representation of Engineering (Site & Assets) function, and AWE, to internal and external regulators.