An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for an extremely motivated and logical individual with the skills and knowledge of Technical Publication generation for a complex portfolio of MBDA’s products. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Experience in technical authoring is essential. Use in particular of SGML is frequent but also the ability to adapt to other formats of authorship is desirable.
- You need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and will maintain a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
- Provide technical expertise in ensuring design teams have a clear understanding of the publication development, production and upkeep process
- You may be required to be involved in demonstration or process proving activities at an alternative MBDA site or the Customer’s location, in the UK or overseas.
- knowledge of the military environment for operation and maintenance technical publications is preferable but not essential.
- You need to actively assist in the technical publication development process, the associated reports and eventual delivery to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
- Liaise with product suppliers
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer and industrial partners’ interaction, a strong resilience and a good communicator.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Technical Publications
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders with excellent exposure to senior management
- We analyse and assess many technical publication technologies using proof of concept and demonstrations to keep MBDA Technical Publications at the front of Innovation for technical document development and delivery.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative.
What’s great about the team?
- You will provide Technical Publication assistance across the product lifecycle. (using Standard Generalised Mark-up Language (SGML) or traditional formats for the Company’s products in accordance with individual contractual requirements)
- Liaise with Operator and Maintainer Instructors, Field Support Engineers and Integrated Logistic Support teams in Maintenance Task Analysis, Fault Diagnosis and System Descriptive tasks..
- Carry out initial technical publication studies and produce publication reports for the UK and overseas customers
- Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying MBDA technical publication processes and procedures (where applicable)
- Lead Technical Publication support and proving activities for MBDA products both in the field and at MBDA or customer depots/workshops (to include complex activities) as necessary and produce Development Plans, status trackers and supporting material
- This exciting role may also require you to step outside of your comfort zone and assist in project management, innovation of technologies for technical publication generation or use. One of the most challenging and enjoyable aspects of CSS Technical Publications is the diverse and varying amount of products that we support.
- Be sensitive and appropriately responsive to the UK and Export customer’s local culture, behaviour and requirements in technical publication queries whilst keeping up to date in relevant technical areas.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, bringing a wealth of passion, knowledge and customer experience across the MBDA product Range.
- The team has a forward thinking and problem solving mind-set
- The team have regular social activities as well as the usual seasonal events and are co-located with the Training, Field Support and Spares departments encouraging a friendly and professional working environment.
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval). Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company