Role - Commissioning Manager
Location - Reading area
Package - AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
You will be managing and organising an individual or suite of projects in support of the company's strategic goals; provide due governance and management to meet the Nuclear Licence Conditions, QMS and Project Delivery processes and procedures. You will be responsible for the management of activities to meet the quality, cost, resource, programme and acceptance criteria. You will also be required to organise and manage commissioning activities in support of the CASD Programme and the company's strategic goals.
You will be required to:
- Provide management and governance to maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality across all areas of engineering with specific specialist knowledge within Commissioning and the nuclear environment.
- Responsible for the professional development, performance and ethical standards of the staff within their responsibility and reporting chain.
- Ensure the standards, procedures and work instructions underpinning commissioning are followed.
- Ensure commissioning teams are appropriately organised and that key personnel are demonstrably competent to undertake their roles.
- Ensure that commissioning activities follow the appropriate Project Delivery Map.
- Ensure commissioning records are maintained to support project handover.
- Responsible for task management to meet the professional standards, performance and integrity of the work and reporting information necessary to support the project and business objectives.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Must be able to articulate technical complexities and have very good communication skills.
- Able to chair meetings and direct the work to meet the programme.
- Able to engage within the project teams to influence project outcome across a number of interlinking projects.
- Needs an excellent understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments, safety systems, safety cases and SSoW.
- People and process management skills
- The Project Management of Commissioning and practical commissioning experience is essential.
- People management skills and process experience.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institute as an incorporated engineer with equivalent academic or vocational certification (level 5 or above)