Want to join the team that keeps 7.5m people safe and warm?
We are looking for an Asset Manager to be responsible for managing all Electrical & Instrumentational (E&I) assets on operational sites, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations. You will establish and maintain strong relationships with the Network Services and Special Projects teams and manage external design organisations delivering services in relation to E&I assets, including design approval.
This is a key role supporting Senior Management to deliver the Wales & West Utilities (WWU) business plan and to develop and implement continual improvements to WWU’s Asset Management Strategy.
We’ll trust you to:
- Undertake duty holder responsibilities under EWR 1989 and manage EL6 Authorisation process
- Authorise E&I design appraiser/approvers and maintain a register in accordance with GL5
- Ensure delivery of the E&I business plan including associated outputs agreed with Ofgem in the RIIO-GD1 price control period
- Continually review and develop E&I policies and procedures in line with legislation and best practice
- Manage systems and processes to deliver robust records for E&I assets in accordance with company policies and procedures to demonstrate compliance
- Undertake electrical designs relating to intervention programme work
- Approve/appraise both externally and internally produced E&I designs
- Undertake analysis of fault reports, maintenance reports, CBRM & Aim modelling and site audits to determine scope and timing of interventions required to maintain a safe and efficient system in compliance with legislation
- Act as point of contact for CPNI & BEIS for critical site security upgrades
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum HNC qualification in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Experience in the use of CAD drawing software and Amtech software for electrical designs (desirable)
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing Certificate (desirable)
- An understanding of existing processes and procedures relating to electrical and instrumentation systems
- Strong leadership, management, organizational and administrative skills.
You can read a detailed job description on our website.
As we are a safety critical organisation, all offers of employment are subject to drug & alcohol screening.
What’s in it for you?
At Wales & West Utilities we believe people are our greatest asset and therefore we are committed to supporting each and every colleague in maintaining their wellbeing, both in their personal lives and at work.
To support this, we offer a package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits options
The way we do things
Wales & West Utilities is a values-based business. You can find out more on our website.