We are offering a unique opportunity to apply a passion for CAD-CAE-EDA to support the development of next generation systems in transportation, energy, 5G communications, sensors and medical.
The purpose of this role is to specify, design, develop, deploy and support a wide range of CAD-EDA-CAE methodologies on a common design environment platform across the CSA Catapult.
The methodologies enable the electrical, mechanical, thermal design and simulation required for virtual prototypes of the electronic solutions created by our Packaging, Photonics, RF, and Power R&D teams.
The common design environment platform will standardise the underpinning infrastructure built out with our IT Team: project directories, libraries, PDKs, best practice, scripting, QMS.
By collaborating with our Engineering and IT teams plus our 3rd party SW partners, you will lead the realisation and successful adoption of our methodologies on a common design platform to innovate faster.
- Specify. Investigate future requirements from engineering teams, Customers, team productivity, and industry best practice.
- Design. Technical solution through collaborating with software vendors, library providers, and internal teams.
- Develop. Test, configure, automate, and release the combinations of third-party software to ensure they operate reliably in our design methodologies.
- Develop. One team with IT to define, install and maintain the design environment infrastructure that underpins the methodologies, e.g. workstation, network, servers, storage, housekeeping.
- Deploy. Organise the necessary knowledge transfer to engineering for effective productivity, e.g. internal and external training.
- Quality. Productivity metrics and CAD infrastructure is compliance with our QMS: training, documentation, best practices, root cause analysis, standards, systems and procedures.
- A desire to learn, develop, and keep pace with emerging engineering and IT technologies.
- Proven experience of (ideally in CAD/CAE/EDA methodologies, infrastructure).
- Working knowledge of one or more tools we use today:
- Modelling MathWorks
- Mechanical Solidworks, COMSOL, Ansys
- Thermal COMSOL, Ansys
- Electrical Ansys, COMSOL, Keysight ADS, NI AWR, Altium, Cadence PSpice.
- Photonics Zemax, Lumerical, COMSOL.
- Any experience in one or more areas of infrastructure development:
- Coding or scripting ability in languages such as Perl, TCL, Python.
- Data management, revision control, standardised project structure (e.g. Clearcase, SVN).
- Simple server/database/front end GUI development.
- Microsoft SharePoint and/or Teams.
- Any experience supporting software tools (especially engineering software and infrastructure).
- Excellent teamwork, communication & influencing skills to interface with multidisciplinary engineering teams to gather and translate requirements into technical specifications
- Solution oriented with strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent time management and ability to manage your own workload on multiple projects
- Enthusiasm, drive, commitment and ability to use your initiative
What do we offer?
- Up to £50,000 salary (FTE). We don’t need to know what your current salary is.
- Staff bonus scheme.
- 37.5-hour full time working week but can consider part time or job share suggestions.
- Development – as you grow in the role, we will support you throughout that journey.
- Payment for a professional membership each year.
- Flexible working – we operate core hours of 10-4. The balance of your hours can be worked around what works for you.
- Generous pension scheme – e.g. you put in 5% and we’ll put in 10%.
- 28 days leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Holiday carryover.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family.
- Life Assurance.
- A happy, healthy working environment and great group of people to work with.