Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) is a unique capability within MBDA that works with all current launchers, missiles and equipment programmes to support in their development, compliance demonstration and through life updates. The Role
- Work alongside experienced members of the EMC Systems team to support MBDA projects to deliver:
- Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERS’s) and subsequent documentation including EMC Control Plans, Proving Plans, Proving Requirements and Proving Instructions in support of product development and qualification (with limited assistance)
- EMC & RF trials programmes (with limited assistance).
- Design advice to support equipment development and EM robustness – (Learn and apply through effective knowledge management how to identify and develop technical solutions to project failures).
What’s in it for you?
- Responsible for managing assigned milestone deliverables associated with EMC Engineering activities.
What’s great about the team?
- Gain invaluable EMC practices from an experienced EMC engineer’s on a daily basis.
- Represent the EMC department for your assigned programme and MBDA during discussions with the MoD or customers.
- Ability to influence the project teams and how EMC qualification will occur.
- Potential to participate in research or investigation studies.
- Ability to bring your ideas and unique skillset to the team.
- MBDA values the capability provided by the EMC department in knowledge and test facilities; be valued as part of our team.
What are we looking for?
- The team is very experienced and do support and develop the capability of each member through effective knowledge management.
- We are passionate about the technical robustness of the compliance philosophy and testing.
- We have accredited test capabilities in Filton, UK and Paris, France; where appropriate we work together to improve our way of working and achieve the project needs.
- Each member has unique skills due to the varying backgrounds before working in electromagnetics.
- The test and project teams support each other to improve the way both teams work.
What would you get?
- Preferably electronics or physics background
- Basic understanding of EMC and design principles.
- Knowledge or experience of EMC standards with preference of military application is advantageous (e.g. Defence Standard 59-41 / 59-411, AECTP500, Mil-Std-461, RTCA DO160 / EUROCAE ED-14). However commercial standards (CE) are also beneficial.
- Professional manner and adaptability when the project needs are evolving.
- Basic understanding of the EMC environment life cycle.
- Good communication skills at all level both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work to defined deadlines and within budget limits.
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities. Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.