MBDA are looking for experienced test and testability engineers that want to use their knowledge in a broader role. The role includes being responsible for all aspects of the product test throughout the lifecycle. What are we looking for?
Ideally educated to degree level with substantial experience of Test, Electrical and Electronic engineering, ideally including at least one of the following:
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
- Analogue electronics and RF.
- Power Electronics.
- Experience of structured Test Modelling techniques
Good understanding of broader engineering disciplines, including:
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to technically manage internal and sub-contract activities.
- Strong leadership skills, able to establish a clear engineering vision.
- Ability to influence managers and other stakeholders across the company.
- Determination and desire to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Gives the opportunity to join a project at the very early stages and define and lead the the testing strategy and implementation.
- It gives the opportunity to experience a broader view of the development and manufacturing process through interaction with systems designers, Chief Engineers and suppliers.
What’s great about the team?
- Responsible for defining the test architecture (test access) of the system in liaison with the Chief System Proving Engineer, Chief Design Engineer , Manufacturing Manager and Customer Support teams.
- Actively lead and ensure optimum Built In Test (BIT) coverage is achieved at system and sub-system level
- Responsible for defining the Test Equipment strategy and requirements from all Customers (Internal, Domestic and Export) across the Product Life Cycle. Managing stakeholder expectations and tradeoffs between conflicting requirements.
- Responsible for the Test Equipment design trades between Cost, Scope and Time.
- Responsible for proposing and recommending, with the Chief Design Engineer, the cost vs test coverage trade-offs.
- Responsible for defining the product factory Pass Out Testing requirements.
- Responsible for defining and implementing the Test and Testability Policy within a Program.
What would you get?
- There are about 15 staff within the Test Architecture UK Functional Team, who are all co-located with their Project Teams in Stevenage. You will be working for the Project CDE and interact with a broad range of other Functions within MBDA, but have a high degree of autonomy and represent the Project / Function in many meetings.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.