L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries.
L3Harris has employees in a number of different countries across the world. We are providing opportunities to work on challenging and stimulating projects, together with purposeful career development, a great working environment and competitive total reward offerings to ensure that we are able to attract the best talent who can enjoy rewarding careers with L3Harris.
We are looking for a Product Support Engineer to join our Customer Service Team to provide and deliver product support for all Cyber Security Engineering solutions and services on time, on-cost and in accordance with customer and business needs.
The successful candidate will provide assistance for product and capability demonstrations, training, trials, feasibility and proof of concept studies. The Product Support Engineer will create and improve service and support relationships with internal and external customers. The role is office based in Tewkesbury and a small amount of travel is to be expected to customer sites when permitted. Currently the role is required to work a condensed 4 day week (37.5 hours over Monday – Thursday) but in the future will resume a 5 day week (Monday – 12pm on Friday).
What will the role entail?
- Assist in the provision of technical Customer Support for Cyber Security products and services
- Assist in the installation, configuration and maintenance of COTS Cyber Security products
- Research the latest network protocols and COTS technology that can be incorporated with Cyber Security products and services
- Assist in the creation of documentation and training material for Cyber Security products and services
- Assist with feasibility studies and proof of concept demonstrations across all Cyber Security products
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies that would be advantageous or in competition to Cyber Security products & services
- Maintain and build customer relationships that may include visits to the customer sites
- Provide support to Verification, Validation and Test.
- A good knowledge of data communications including IPSEC, VPN, network topologies and architectures
- A good knowledge of, but not limited to, Cisco technology, routers, servers and firewalls
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.