An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Engineering Team Leader to join an improving team within the Calibration & Maintenance Department. This will involve managing and leading a team of Engineers in the maintenance and calibration of test and process equipment. The work is extremely varied, challenging and rewarding. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- You will organise, motivate and lead an integrated team of Engineers in the calibration and maintenance of complex mechanical systems at Stevenage and customer sites. Managing contracts and interfacing with supplier organisations.
- Lead, develop and manage the team to deliver preventative and reactive maintenance of equipment within planned time scales to quality, time and cost.
- Manage day to day deployment of resources and facilities to achieve programme needs
- Conduct and support forward planning reviews.
- Establish and maintain good housekeeping practices that will ensure a safe working environment that is consistent with all Health and Safety at Work and COSHH requirements.
- Contribute to the Defect Management Process including the completion of all functional audit commitments.
- Promote and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with the trade unions.
- Proactive stimulation and contribution to continuous improvement activities in line with manufacturing best practice.
- Identify operational risks and opportunities in line with project expectations.
- Ideally HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
- Good understanding of SAP would be desirable
What would you get?
- Working in a forward thinking team that exploits opportunities to improve.
- Excellent development opportunities.
- On the job training and yearly development reviews.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
Working in a multi discipline team to support the production and design teams. Responsible for the day to day management of the calibration & maintenance resources to organise, motivate and lead an integrated team to service test and process equipment to ensure that the relevant project programmes are achieved to time, cost and quality
What’s great about the team?
- Working with the latest advanced Process Equipment and technologies, with sponsored bespoke supplier training packages.
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognize that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.