An opportunity has arisen to join a small, driven and dynamic team, working across international boundaries who are focused on delivering a Mission Planning product for a key domestic/export customer. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Strong understanding of System Engineering Process is essential with significant recent experience in a systems engineering role ideally across the full lifecycle.
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management essential.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment spanning a number of teams and locations is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including an ability to author or contribute to technical reports and documentation are essential.
- Experience of technical problem solving.
- General understanding of mission planning would be of benefit.
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude and pro-active behaviours are essential.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
You will be working on a Mission Planning product for a key domestic/export customer. The development is closely coupled with MBDA-Fr and as such, there is a strong emphasis on strong international working, providing opportunity for some travel and exposure across the French side of our business.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to…
- Work across a large range of the product life-cycle, including requirements definition, design generation and flow down through to proving and certification activities.
- Work with MBDA-Fr and local Subject Matter Experts to build a sound understanding of the system
- Author key documents, both internal and for the end user.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be conducting systems design activities for mission planning products.
- You will provide key inputs to requirements capture, design freezes, system integration and testing through to full product verification and certification.
- You will work closely with UK and French Systems and Software teams, as well as other parties to enable robust design and system validation.
You’ll be joining a focused, agile team to deliver a Mission Planning product for a key domestic/export customer, on time, on cost and to the quality that MBDA is renowned for. The sub-system team is relatively small and colleagues work very closely, supporting each other to ensure continuous commitment to delivery is maintained.
The sub-system team works as part of the wider Mission Planning & Control Function, responsible for delivering a multitude of projects and you will have the opportunity to gain visibility across many of these projects. What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.