Role - Shift Mechanical and Electrical Craft Practitioners
Location - Reading area
Package - £25,000 - £33,000 subject to skills and experience, plus shift allowances.
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependant). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
You will be required to carry out a wide range of planned and reactive activities on plant and equipment which can include installations, repairs, replacement, calibration, testing, modifications, etc. You will be working a early and late shift pattern which is based over a nine day fortnight.
You will be required to:
- Applying craft skills and working in accordance with task instructions in a safe and effective manner to optimise building processes, plant and equipment availability.
- Safeguard the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards, and maintain current knowledge of all applicable procedures, legislation and safety measures, taking an active role in the implementation safe systems of work and work instructions.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and escalate to line or facility management any matter revealed during work activity, indicating that the safe operation or the safe condition of the plant that may be affected.
- To work individually or in a team to apply learnt technical skills to a wide range of applications and providing technical advice and guidance to Customers and Stakeholders in field of expertise.
- To work in a professional and flexible manner across a variety of locations as delegated to meet the programme and company needs.
- Understand and demonstrate competence and practical demonstration of relevant legislation and process guidelines for appropriate area.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Engineering Apprenticeship with a minimum NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in relevant discipline or NVQ/Diploma Level 2 plus industrial experience.
- C&G (as appropriate) /ONC/BTech3.
- Able to work independently, and as a team including leading tasks and coaching others.
- Basic computer literacy to utilise relevant Engineering Apprenticeship with a basic computer literacy to utilise relevant business systems (e.g. Asset Management System).
- Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- Working knowledge/experience of operational craft activities including fault finding techniques and methodologies
- Working knowledge/experience of building services, plant, equipment and processes
- Understanding of the HASAWA
- Understanding and experience of SSoW
- The ideal applicant must be willing and able to obtain and maintain security clearance.