Facility Engineer - Shift
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - £33,850 - £46,000 per annum - Shift allowances apply once on shift rotation. This role will initially be standard working hours until the completion of training and attachment to a control room (or support) shift.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and can make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business. We currently have excellent opportunities for Facility Engineers at all levels and disciplines to work within our engineering function on a variety of projects.
You could be providing professional mechanical engineering services in support of operational requirements, which include professionally advising planned preventative and reactive maintenance to all key plant and equipment to help enable the crucial work we do at AWE, and completing engineering tasks to schedule, budget and quality requirements, optimising the delivery of operations engineering.
Within this position you will:
- Apply technical knowledge for engineered systems and structures
- Interpret and deliver requirements from the order book which may include troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required
- Identify and escalate business risk where applicable to plant and engineered systems
- Make evidence-based engineering decisions to solve technical problems
- Deliver shift engineering services for the Facility Control Room.
- May be required to undertake additional roles required for the delivery of the core role (including but not limited to: Risk Assessor, AP, NP, On-Call, shift).
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- HNC/HND with suitable additional experience
- Proven ability to deliver engineering across similar manufacturing/research environment incorporating infrastructure facilities, plant and equipment
- Experience of delivering facilities engineering and maintenance services across the life of an asset
- You will be required to partake in an additional SQEP training and assessment phase for the shift role and will not attract the appropriate allowances until released by task management to undertake those roles and attached to a specific shift team. If assessed as unsuitable to undertake Control room duties, you will revert to Facility Engineer duties by suitable discipline, in line with the core role described above.