Northrop Grumman are seeking a highly motivated Trade Compliance Lead to support our Sealand Support Services Joint Venture Company Import/ Export Programme to ensure compliance with international trade compliance laws and regulations, including UK, EU and US (EAR/ITAR). This role will work closely with US based Trade Compliance team and with the business SMEs to enable business success, ensure integrity while achieving regulatory compliance and the protection of national security interests.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is involved in a range of future game-changing defence and security programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with much of its situational awareness and communications, as a leading specialist in large intelligence datasets, as a pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft systems, or as the ‘go to’ provider for truly open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, Northrop Grumman has an unparalleled reputation as an innovator.
How you will make a difference
- Assist the Trade Compliance Officer (TCO) with the development and management of a comprehensive export/import framework to ensure compliance with UK, US and EU regulations in support of the F-35 UK component repair programme.
- Oversee the operational processes for assuring trade compliance review and approval relating to export licensing, technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits, re-exports, re-transfers and export and import shipments under UK, EU and US laws.
- Develop hands on knowledge of UK export requirements specific to the F-35 OGEL.
- Responsible for matters relating to the export jurisdiction/classification and customs import classification and obtaining export/import permits/authorizations in accordance with the UK Regulations.
- Develop and conduct training on SSSL internal controls to comply with export/import obligations.
- Liaise with the TCO to provide strategic guidance to support SSSL and the JV partners.
- Implement action for resolution of export / import compliance problems, questions, or complaints.
- Assist with HMRC and Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU) audits of the SSSL facility.
- Ensure configuration and control of the export registry and trade compliance documentation is maintained.
- Maintain trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Support new process requirements across the business.
- Establish and maintain relations with appropriate government regulatory agencies.
- Generate performance metrics for export and import processes.
What we are looking for:
- In-depth knowledge of UK, US and EU export/ import laws and regulations.
- Experience in interpreting and providing guidance on UK/EU and US export and import regulations for the licensing of goods, technology and software.
- Demonstrable experience in the domain of customs/global trade (export, customs and/or trade compliance).
- Operational experience in export/import operations and risk management.
- Will need to be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances.
- Background within an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience of working in a joint venture or equivalent complex stakeholder / highly regulated environment
- Experience in providing training on UK/EU and US export/import laws and regulations.
- Be able to work flexibly under pressure.
- Work independently with moderate guidance as part of a team.
Looking for flexibility? Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.