Northrop Grumman is engaged in an exciting Joint Venture that provides component maintenance, repair, overhaul & upgrade for the F-35 aircraft. As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team the Programme Manager is responsible for supporting the Sealand Support Services Limited (SSSL) Managing Director to deliver the stand up and operational capability development of component maintenance, repair and overhaul for the UK F-35 sustainment hub based at the DECA Sealand facility in North Wales The post holder will deliver the engineering programme to time, cost & quality requirements optimising outcomes and opportunities for the SSSL business.
This position will require travel both in the UK and internationally.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is involved in a range of future game-changing defence and security programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with much of its situational awareness and communications, as a leading specialist in large intelligence datasets, as a pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft systems, or as the ‘go to’ provider for truly open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, Northrop Grumman has an unparalleled reputation as an innovator.
How you will make a difference
- Provide Technical & Engineering leadership of the Programme for Component Depot Maintenance and the required Depot Maintenance Activation Planning activities and be the subject matter expert on all aspects of Engineering through the component lifecycle
- Acting as the SSSL Continuing Airworthiness Manager ensure the engineering programme delivers the technical solutions to performance, schedule, cost and quality requirements ensuring appropriate engineering approaches, governance and programme management methodologies are consistently applied
- Leading depot site surveys and associated gap analyses, developing and executing Depot Maintenance Activation Plans, reviewing/participating in formal studies, supporting US Government depot source of repair and partnering processes
- Identifying and managing the technical risk of the overall SSSL programme as a result of the contracting and business models, identifying opportunities for improvement and building business cases to implement
- Leading the engineering team in its engagement with Original Equipment Manufacturers, Regulators and other key Stakeholders, shaping coherent solutions that ensure regulatory compliance, meet performance based logistics performance requirements whilst minimising execution risk
- Implementing an engineering governance framework consistent with the requirements of a Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation
- Ensuring that any lessons identified are appropriately embedded in updates to the SSSL quality management system and business operating model
- Coaching & mentoring the SSSL engineering team to develop the skills, experience and competence of the organisational
What we are looking for:
- Must have experience of Military Aviation Authority Regulations and have the experience & credibility to act as the Sealand Support Services MIL CAM
It would be beneficial if you had the following:
- Chartered Engineer Status
- Joint Venture or equivalent demonstrable experience of successful delivery in a complex, highly regulated delivery structure
Looking for flexibility? Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.