Are you looking to join a dynamic and innovative organisation at the forefront of Cyber engineering within the Defence sector?
Northrop Grumman are seeking a number of Lead Test Automation Engineers with experience in leading the automation of software and integration testing solutions to join a number of projects in the central London area.
With roles across the experience spectrum, whether you are new to testing or have many years of experience, Northrop Grumman would like to hear from you.
Different thinking for a Different world
As a market leading defence and security provider, with international reach, Northrop Grumman have been at the leading edge of the defence, logistics, communications and information security sectors for over three decades.
Providing innovative solutions across a diverse product range, Northrop Grumman boasts over 2,500 employees across Europe and a rapidly expanding UK operation and is constantly seeking new and unparalleled solutions to demands across everything from autonomous systems to real time battlespace communications and data analysis solutions.
As a part of Northrop Grumman you will be given the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission.
With a belief in rewarding the dedication shown by our staff, Northrop Grumman gives employees access to a benefits package that provides you with health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development, but most importantly the flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life.
How you will make a difference
As a Lead Test Automation Engineer you will play a key role in designing and building automated test solutions for technically challenging and complex business critical systems. Ensuring they are thoroughly tested and fit for purpose through the application of both traditional and cutting edge testing techniques under an Agile way of working which creates a dynamism not usually found outside of start-ups.
Within Northrop Grumman, the ability to innovate within test is key and we have immediate opportunities for Lead Test Automation Engineers who can take the lead role in the testing sphere especially in test automation, is forward thinking and able to work with a multitude of technologies.
We would expect you to have the following (whilst we appreciate you may not have knowledge/experience of all the technologies listed below we would expect that you have relevant experience in technologies similar to the ones listed below, or expertise in one and knowledge of others and possess transferrable skills to these technologies):
- ISTQB Foundation/Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing
- Firm understanding of both SDLC
- Strong knowledge of automated integration, system and non-functional testing
- You will need to me eligible for clearance
- Ability to translate both business and technical requirements into testable scenarios
- Proven track record in leading, mentoring and coaching teams of testers and taking the lead test role on projects/programmes
- Proven data analysis skills
- Experience of test tools such as Atlassian suite, Test Rail,
- Experience of Agile development practices, including Scrum or Kanban
- Experience in designing, implementing and working with automated test solutions/tools/frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, Robot, Cypress.io, Rest Assured, Ansible,
- Experience of DevOps practices, tools and techniques especially around CI/CD with tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Chef…
- The ability to work as part of a high performing Agile team
- The ability to identify opportunities to, and implement, automated test solutions
- Experience of developing all levels of test documentation, including test strategies
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, planning and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Desire to learn and grow within a high performant and flexible workspace
In addition the following skills are highly desirable:
- Experience of databases and database tools including Mongo, MongoDB
- Experience of RabbitMQ, OpenShift
- Experience of UK Government working practices
Additional testing qualifications via ISTQB or other recognised body
- Experience of cloud technologies and cloud testing
- CAT Certified Agile Tester qualification
- ISTQB Advanced Level qualifications
You will enjoy a growing career as we work collaboratively to innovate the world of cyber security.
Looking for flexibility? Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.