Electrical and Electronic Design Engineers - 'Engineering the Extraordinary'
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - dependent on experience plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional benefits and an excellent work / life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
The Warhead Engineering group at AWE is looking for Engineers at various stages of their careers across Electrical/Electronic disciplines to support development within a wide range of technically challenging projects.
We currently have several roles available in the following disciplines and are interested in hearing from candidates with experience in any of the following:
- Analogue Electronics - including power regulation, SMPS, DCDC converters, pulse transformers, filters, interface circuits, transmission lines, schematic capture and PCB layout
- Digital Electronics - including design using VHDL and verification
- High-Voltage (kilovolts) Analogue Electronics - including pulsed power, voltage step-up, energy storage, switching and high-reliability
- Electromagnetics - including modelling & simulation, transformer design, solenoid design, coupling, inductive charging
- RF Electronics and Radar - including transmitters, receivers and software defined radio
- Embedded Software - including both hardware abstraction and application layers for a range of microcontrollers (particularly ARM cortex M family), real time systems and use of standard communications protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN)
In growing our capability across these areas, we will also be looking to grow your skills and knowledge as an Engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work including the opportunity for overseas travel and secondments once restrictions are lifted.
If you think you have what it takes to engineer the extraordinary and directly shape the future of our nuclear deterrent, apply now for a role to help with:
- Finding novel solutions to difficult technical challenges
- Delivering hardware at all life cycle phases from 'cradle to grave'
- Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future
- Ensuring we have the right people, processes and plant to deliver our current and future programmes
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective and safe, today and into the future
To be considered for these roles, you will have an HNC / HND or higher qualification in an engineering discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment and possess strong communication skills.
We welcome applications from candidates who would like to discuss flexible/part time working.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.