AWE are currently recruiting for Production Delivery Managers
The role of a Production Delivery Manager within this area of our business is to lead cross-functional teams to enhance integration with a Production facility. This will include the leadership and management of multiple teams and the processes in a manufacturing environment to safely deliver the tasks authorised in the Single Order Book in a safe, secure, clean and cost-effective manner.
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: Dependent on skills & experience
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who are at various stages of their career who can demonstrate leadership experience ideally within a Manufacturing or Production Engineering environment, delivering integration and performance to support a range of processes which are compliant with the relevant legislation.
Ideally candidates will have previous experience within some of the following:
- Leadership of direct reports to successfully plan and deliver their authorised programmes, tasks and projects to time, cost, and quality.
- Maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders at specialism or functional level to create and deliver operational plans and to optimise performance.
- Delivering performance and process improvement in all aspects of operations.
- Managing KPI metrics on schedule, quality, safety, delivery and cost.
- Identifying, defining and solving complex operational and management issues.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards, and team performance, in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide adequate supervision of the activities within their scope of responsibility.
- Support the planning of operations, and support activities, to ensure delivery of the order book.
- Allocate correct resources to meet multiple activities that have been forecast in programme.
- Lead and deliver the Accountability Board (Visual Management Boards) for the area of responsibility.
- Manage Key Performance Indicator metrics on schedule, quality, safety, delivery and cost.
- Give advice and guidance on career development including coaching, provision of feedback and providing appropriate support.
- Promote and sponsor operational excellence and drive all actions aimed at continuous process improvement.
- Works effectively with others and building required relationships and interfaces to support delivery of the Programme.
- Responsible for identifying, defining and solving complex operational and management problems in a dynamic environment.
- Provide a diverse and inclusive working environment that allows individuals to flourish and realise their potential.
- Work with others to form high performing teams.
- Adopt a 'See It, Own It, Solve It' mind-set, by identifying obstacles to success and taking ownership to find solutions to those problems.
- Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management, including work at other places within the UK or overseas; this will be done in consultation with you, and in accordance with any requirements contained in your Contract of Employment.
Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
We will consider candidates interested on a full or part time basis.